SONY 80GB CFEXPRESS TYPE A TOUGH MEMORY CARD SUMMARY
Sony has announced their new generation of high speed memory cards with the 80GB CFexpress Type A TOUGH card (also available in 160GB here). With renowned TOUGH series durability the new type of CFexpress memory delivers even greater performance with up to 700MB/s write speed and 800MB/s read speed. This is ideal for stress-free high quality 4K+ video capture as well as high fps burst rates found in many mirrorless and DSLR cameras. The new Sony FX6 Cine camera and new Sony a7S III are prime candidates with 4K at 120p high speed recording capabilities. Buffer shooting times will be also prolonged to over 1000 images with the new memory card.
Please note that Type A CFexpress cards are smaller than type B cards and feature a single PCIe lane for data transfer. Compliance with the VPG400 video performance guarantee profile specificationensures stable video recording at 400 MB/s creating a smooth workflow for professional videographers. The CFexpress Type A/SD Card Reader is dual compatible, ideal to quickly transfer data from this card.
Sony 80GB CFexpress Type A TOUGH Memory Card In More Detail
- Up to 700MB/s write speed and 800MB/s read speed
- Compact design with advanced recording functionality
- Effective design for heat dissipation
- TOUGH specification and construction ensures high durability and dust/water resistance
- XAVC S-I 4K (60p) movie recording time for single media is 10 minutes
- Supported by File Scan Utility memory diagnostic software and Memory Card File Rescue data recovery software
- Incorporating the latest flash memory control technology, greatly reducing buffer clearing times for efficient, stress-free shooting.
- The CFexpress Type A cards are ideally suited for high-speed continuous shooting of more than 1,000 uncompressed RAW still images, as well as 4K 120p movie recording at high bit rates with the Slow & Quick Motion function when paired with new Alpha 7S III
- The new CFexpress Type A memory cards are equipped with a heat sink to transfer heat generated by the card to the exterior when transmitting large amounts of data at high speed, using Sony’s original alloy with excellent thermal conductivity. This enables users to record for long periods of time even when recording 4K 120p video internally.
- Tough Durability – Keeping up with Sony’s TOUGH specifications, the new CFexpress Type A memory cards feature bending and impact resistance to protect precious data, even when frequently changing cards in the harshest environments. They are up to five times more resistant to drop impact and up to ten times more resistant to bending, compared to CFexpress Type A requirement standards, for outstanding durability. In addition, thanks to a specialised internal structure, they achieve an IPX7 water ingress protection rating and an IP5X dust ingress protection rating (IP57) for enhanced durability.
- Reliability – Accidents happen. Sony’s Memory Card File Rescue data recovery software allows users to recover accidentally deleted RAW images and 4K video from memory cards. In addition, Sony’s Media Scan Utility media diagnostic software will be updated to support CFexpress Type A cards allowing users to diagnose and receive a warning before the number of read/write cycles approaches the card’s limit.