OM SYSTEM OLYMPUS OM-1 DIGITAL CAMERA BODY SUMMARY
If you’ve been waiting for the latest micro four thirds interchangeable lens camera, it’s time to brace for the flagship OM System Olympus OM-1 Digital Camera Body. This compact mirrorless hybrid camera packs an all-new 20.37 megapixel stacked Quad Pixel CMOS Sensor and the new TruePic X processor, with 3x faster processing power.
Performance has been upgraded for any type of hybrid content creator, with image stabilisation delivering up to 8-stops compensation when paired with compatible lenses, including the outstanding M.ZUIKO 150-400mm f/4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO.
A new phase-detection AF system has been developed with 60x faster deep learning Ai subject detection and the world’s first Cross Quad Pixel AF with full sensor coverage from 1053 focus areas. To make use of these points for sports, wildlife and other fast moving subjects you can now shoot at up to 120fps high frame rate with zero blackout and have full AF/AE tracking at up to 50fps.
Video creators benefit from internal C4K and 4K 60p with slow-motion at Full HD 240p. Movies can be recorded with the OM Log profile in 10 Bit 4:2:2 internal, and externally over HDMI in 12 Bit ProRes RAW, with the camera also supporting H.264 (8bit) and H.265 (10bit).
There’s more too as this is the first camera in the world with IP53 weather sealing when paired with lenses such as the two latest M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO II Lens and M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/4 PRO Lens.
Focus Stacking alters the focus to capture and composite multiple shots to create photos that are in focus from the foreground right through to the background. Compositing time has been dramatically reduced in the Olympus OM-1 for more practical use in the field. This opens up new possibilities for landscapes, interiors, architecture and other subjects where depth of field is a priority.
Multiple images at differing exposures are merged to create one shot with a wide dynamic range, including highlights and shadows when using HDR mode.
HIGH SPEED SHOOTING AND ENHANCED AF PERFORMANCE
The Olympus OM-1 includes high-speed performance with newly developed autofocus for dramatically improved performance with a maximum 50fps sequential shooting using AF/AE tracking. A quad-division photo diode configuration allows On-chip Phase Detection in both vertical and horizontal directions. 1,053-points which are all cross-type makes the world’s first Cross Quad Pixel AF which is utilised to focus on various patterns of subjects across all pixels and the entire shooting range.
HIGH RES SHOT
Processing time has been significantly reduced with handheld High-Res Shot taking just 5 seconds to merge 50 megapixels. This can be used for any stationary subjects including landscape photos because of the camera’s ability to capture high-resolution 50 Megapixel images by merging multiple images.
Tripod High Res Shot creates ultra-high-resolution images of approximately 80 Megapixels. Composite processing technology reduces noise by approximately 2-stops for an amazingly high pixel count with low noise, clean results. A dedicated button has been added the Olympus OM-1 camera body to enable you to quickly switch between normal shooting and Handheld High-Res Shot/Tripod High Res Shot.
- New Quad Pixel Bayer pattern stacked CMOS Sensor
- New TruePic X image processor with 3x faster processing
- 20.4 megapixels with dedicated button for 50MP handheld and 80MP tripod high res shots
- 5-axis sensor-shift body stabilisation for up to 7-stop compensation
- 5-axis Sync IS when combined with IS lenses for up to 8-stop stabilisation
- World’s first Cross Quad Pixel AF Phase detection
- 1053 focus areas and 120fps high frame rate shooting with no blackout
- Up to 60x faster Ai subject detection Face / Eye / Vehicles / Birds / Animals and more
- World’s first IP53 weather resistant camera body
- 4K60p / FHD 240p with OM Log 10 Bit 4:2:2 Internal
- 12 Bit ProRes RAW 4:4:4 to external recorder over HDMI
- H.265 and HLG video available with no time limit recording
- Two UHS-II SD memory card slots
- Up to 6-stop Live ND filter
- Upgraded OLED EVF with 5.76 million dots at 120fps refresh rate
- 3.0-inch vari-angle touchscreen monitor
- USB-C Charging and 25% more power from new BLX-1 rechargeable battery